setting up your home yoga space
Your home yoga space can be anywhere that you have the room to put our your mat. In the ideal world, you’d be able to create a dedicated space that you can use as a sanctuary during this time of social isolation.
Here’s what you may want to have with you for the online classes:
- a yoga mat or carpeted space
- one or two yoga blocks. You can use a stack of books as well.
- a strap. This can be a yoga strap, karate belt, bathrobe tie, a scarf, or something similar.
- a bolster. This can be what I call 2 squares and a rectangle. 2 square pillows such as the decorative pillows one uses on a couch. The rectangle is a bed pillow. To create the bolster, line the 2 squares together and place the rectangle on top.
- one or two chairs for chair yoga. Folding chairs are great. Or a sturdy chair similar to kitchen table chair.
setting the tone
You may want to create the mood for your practice with yoga / spiritual books, your journal and favorite writing tool, a candle, spiritual items that give you comfort and support.